APS IRC channel

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benan

Reaction score
Hi,

I think it would be good if APS got a IRC channel, so users can talk to each other live..

for you who dont know what IRC is.. it stands for internet chat relay.. its where you join a server than room, and talk sorta like a chat room.. :)

and if APS already have one i havnt found the details any where on the site :)

We have "Chat" - you can get to this by clicking the link at the top. It's not IRC though (decided against this as it is harder for newbies and reduces our control).

We have "Chat" - you can get to this by clicking the link at the top. It's not IRC though (decided against this as it is harder for newbies and reduces our control).

How does it reduce your control? and it can be hard for newbies but i could make a tutorial or video tutorial to show how to connect to IRC, IRC are more active than "Chat" and you can have filters in IRC like swear filters, flood filters etc.. but i spose chat is good :)

hey Benan,
There is an un-official APS channel on IRC .... /server IRC.AUSTNET.ORG it is #APS Not many people are there as yet.

Because we cannot control who users say they are on IRC. APS has no plans to support an IRC channel. The official chat is available now and will continue to be so long as there are no problems.

Mate I don't think there is anything wrong with the current format....Besides beggers can't be chosers as they say

Because we cannot control who users say they are on IRC. APS has no plans to support an IRC channel. The official chat is available now and will continue to be so long as there are no problems.

You can control who users say they are, make user registration manditory! some the only way they can join is if they are logged in with a registerd user/nick

but i spose the current chat is fine...

Yes - but what's to say that user is the same user as the one on APS. Like I said, we already considered the options and won't be changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back