Are my girls Central or Eastern Bearded Dragons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsArashi

Reaction score
[Apologies for the large images]
Hi there, I'm a reptile owner from the US. I've owned dragons for several years but never figured out how to tell the difference between these two breeds. I have two females, the older 7 1/2, and the younger approx 3 years (a rescue, so I do not know her exact age, only that she was a young adult when I adopted her).
B4qPV6l.png

MaMWjHW.png

The older one is on the left in both photos (Tempest), with the younger, Spark, on the right.
I heard there was a spike formation on their heads that helps with telling the difference in species - I was not able to find references for examples of this, so I could not confirm their species myself.

They're Central Bearded Dragons (Pogona vitticeps).

[Apologies for the large images]
Hi there, I'm a reptile owner from the US. I've owned dragons for several years but never figured out how to tell the difference between these two breeds. I have two females, the older 7 1/2, and the younger approx 3 years (a rescue, so I do not know her exact age, only that she was a young adult when I adopted her).
B4qPV6l.png

MaMWjHW.png

The older one is on the left in both photos (Tempest), with the younger, Spark, on the right.
I heard there was a spike formation on their heads that helps with telling the difference in species - I was not able to find references for examples of this, so I could not confirm their species myself.
You can tell by the colour they are centrals, easterns are usually grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back