Are these eggs any good

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kkjkdt1

Reaction score
Hi, all,
my jungle layed 9 eggs on the 12th of december(we and the last owner didnt know she was gravid), 7 were slugs(got thrown out) but 2 seemed ok, but the last 4 days they have light yellow on them - not real noticable and 1 has sagged.they are ment to hatch on th 5th feb
are these any good(2nd pic)?

first pic is of the slugs

these are the ones im unsure if they are ok

i have never had a snake lay before so im unsure what the are ment to look like.
any help would be great
thanks

looks like there were four good ones there not two or is it just the pic??
second keeping the humidity up or u may loose them by the 4th.

eggs

whats the best way to keep the humidity up?
the are in an airtight container and i was told to take the lid off once a day and wipe the mist? off it - is that ok

It may look like an air tight container but in reality it would loose humidity through the gap inbetween the lid and base as mine did.
Best way too keep humidity up is put a large water bowl in the incubator so as incubator space is high in humidity aswell,then humidity loss is less due to outer space of tub being humidified aswell.

i have also learnt over the years its best too only take lid off once every two weeks for a matter of seconds for air exchange and humidity levels will stay high and less chance of air born bacteria/mould getting into tub.

put it this way i have glass lids on my tubs now with a rubber seal so air transfer is minimal and i only flip the glass lid once every 2 weeks or so for air exchange, and to stop humidity dripping on eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back