Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grate pics mate and well done with the Fierce Snake they too can have an awesome colour to them. Would love to see one in the wild and get some pics like that well done again.

Some pics of the westerns I have reloacted. You cann't say there isn't nice colours there.
westernblackheadform.jpg

Wbrown2.jpg

Wbrown3.jpg

Wbrown5.jpg

westernbrownblackfleck-1.jpg

Lovely shots, Henry and Spiderdan. Someday, I would like to try for the little Neelaps calonotus.

Regards,
David

WOW, few years of work right there i would imagine, the inland tiapan is one impressive snake, not to many people see them in the wild! that said i have a soft spot for our red bellies my favourite for sure

The thing is at first glance looking at many Aussie Elapids you will see mostly brown but that is as I said only at first glance. If you take a moment to look deeper you will see diferent shades of brown, brick red, orange, yellow, black, green, blue and many other colours. It's just a matter of taking the time to appreciate the variety and diversity in all our magnificent and spectacular Elapids. not only colours but when youbegin to look you can appreciate the diferences in scalation between snake species. such as that of the Highlands Copperhead (Austrelaps ramsayi) with their rather large scales and the Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) with the cool flecks of light colouration between their scales. You simply can't deny their beauty once you have taken the time to look.

Or if u get close enough to look. :eek:

Having just read the entire thread what a brilliant education exercise for some of us who are less able to identify different types and species of snakes to others, in particular these elapids.

Who needs to go out and buy books and the like when u have this forum.

If I can ask how close would you have got to these to take the snaps or was it merely a case of every one on their merits??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back