Average age/Size for mating Pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AntaresiaLady

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how old/what size pythons should be for breeding?

(I think I have too much time on my hands....thinking up all these random questions!)

I am asking about ALL Aussie pythons when I say pythons...I'm interested in the answers :)

how many different pythons are there? How many answers do you want? haha

It depends upon the length and not the age.

I suggest you get a copy of Rick Shine's book: "Australian Snakes". There is an appendix that lists adult sizes and breeding sizes. This book is also a good read so it might help with the other time related problem you have.

p.s. I will be publishing this appendix as a care sheet shortly on the Herp Shop web site.

Cool....I am interested just for knowledges sake....I like to keep my mind ticking over by feeding it regularly :)

I thought some snakes can get egg bound and die if they are not big enough, especially olives??

Herptrader... I have the Australian Snakes book by Rick Shine that you are talking about, but it doesnt seem to have the info that you state it does...

I have found the Appendix at the back that states the different adult (male and female) body sizes... But it doesnt have the actual estimated size that they can start reproducing.....(as I know they dont have to be fully grown)

I am sure this is what Anteresialady is asking.......

I am not having a go at you... I am just trying to get the info that she has asked for.... Cheers...:)

I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back