Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkinball

Not so new Member
Reaction score
8btioIt.jpg

Sometime it takes a pic like this to make you realise how awe inspiring the King Cobra is. I think we should make this species an honourary Australian, just for being awesome.

They're amazing animals. I got to spend some time with one overseas recently. This one was "only" 4 meters long.

251861_10151203338736268_1016042164_n.jpg

428337_10151192949226268_1985549503_n.jpg

541847_10151192942731268_778215556_n.jpg

This last pic shows its size a bit better. I'm holding it out from my body, then its up to my shoulder and down to the ground and it still had a fair bit of length on the ground.

321058_10151203332806268_1222350010_n.jpg

I think it goes without saying that you shouldn't ever approach cobras or any venomous snake if you don't know what you're doing. I had been trained by the snakes owner and venomous snake experts in Australia and overseas.

Also a huge difference between wild ones and pet ones
Wild ones defend their nests strongly
Incredibly powerful big snakes that assess every situation before reacting
Have huge striking distance
Rarely give dry bites and pump loads of venom through big fangs

I love the fact that we have them in Bali
Also quite happy we dont get too many calls to move them

Justifiably so. They are spectacular snakes.

Silverbeast, no offence, but I hope that snake wasn't defanged. Cant agree with that stuff.

Steve
although defanging does happen still, the best demonstrators use totally complete kings
they tame down beautifully
thats why they use kings so much
very very predictable and handle well 99% of the time

Steve
although defanging does happen still, the best demonstrators use totally complete kings
they tame down beautifully
thats why they use kings so much
very very predictable and handle well 99% of the time
just like big inland and coastal tais once you handle them a bit they settle right down, do you handle them much longqi

That is awesome, stunning snakes, I do believe that our Red Bellied Black is just as majestic, I've seen some huge one's in the bush, never in 20 years or so had one have a go at me, in fact they go out of their way not too, and they tame down very nicely, dunno if they're as tame as those monster cobra's above tho :D

just like big inland and coastal tais once you handle them a bit they settle right down, do you handle them much longqi

I have handled them a bit too much in the past
try to avoid handling them now unless we have to rescue one
but tame ones are much more docile and predictable than any coastal taipan Ive ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back