B&G jungles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repam

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i currently have 4 jungles two of them eat rats no problems the other two will only eat mice any tips on how to get them on rats as i breed rats and have plenty spare . is there any thing you can scent rats with to make them eat them

CHEERS

used mice substraight, or mouse blood.

i actually dont keep a supply of mouse blood on me

only frozen mice could i thaw one and rub it on a rat or cut the mouse open and bleed it a bit

thanks guys im going to give the mouse blood a try

No one has been able to answer this for me so far, but rats over mice? Why?

Rats are larger. Pythons need to have food that is large in order to help the development ot the bones, muscles etc in their head. The bigger the better. The stretching that you see as they eat large prey items helps their heads grow properly.

I disagree with that kersten, its not the size but the quality of the food. Mice are all fur and bones wereas rats are a more healthy diet. I also perfer to feed 2-4 smaller items than 1-2 large items, feeding large prey will not make the snakes head grow any bigger than feeding smaller prey, but it can cause canker if the item is to big.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree :wink: Or not, as I do agree that rats are simply better food too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back