baby bearded dragon help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssnakeboyy

Reaction score
hi, all

just wondering how old beardies usually are before they eat fruit and veg. Mine only eats crickets and isn't interested in grated carrot or cut up grapes. (I've tried putting them in her basking spot and dipping them in water) she is less than 10cm long not yet a juvi.

thanks, brodie

heya Brodie

have you tried some greens? the recomended mostly is collard greens and dandilion greens and kale - i cant find any of this stuff so instead i grab a bag of mixed lettuce from the shop that doesnt have iceburg lettuce or spinach in it - so rocket, parsley and all other wierd greenery . chop it up small and try holding a piece in front of her face and move it a bit. my bub is only 2 months but she will pick at a bit of salad... picks around the carrot and sweet potato and squash but eats the greens haha only has one or 2 bites though. she wont know its food if its not moving (i think) so try holding it up and wiggling it or dropping it into the bowl orrrrrr spray with some water - the drops make it move :D let us know how you go

Bec

i had all 43 of my hatchys eating greens within 2 weeks of being born , before they went to there new homes.

It took a while for my beardie,now 4 months,to warm up to eating greens.he would only eat a tiny bit.now he loves them.i give him greens from the garden,plus any lettuce(not iceberg!),brocoli,beans,carrot or a bit of fruit i happen to have in the fridge.

As Jason, the breeder i got my baby from also has them feeding by the 2wk mark, & Muppet who is now 3mnths old eats like a champ! He is eating a cup of greens daily, bok choy is his fav, but he also has squash, red capsicum, different herbs & sprouts, leaves off the rose & hibiscus bushes, dandeline's (sp?), occasionally he has some corn, carrot, apple & strawberry.......thats all i can think of right now!

Id give her more greens (bok choy, pak choy, squash,strawberries, blueberries) and offer the salad 1st & if she hasnt touched it an hour of so later put the crickets on the salad and she will get bits of salad when she grabs the crickets & get used to eating it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-34.073125,150.830808

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back