baby beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskorei

Reaction score
gday, i have me a little hatchie central beardie and i was wondering if i should get him a playmate/another beardie.

i do plan on having a male and female pair of these, but i am unsure as to if i should get another one now so its around the same age and hope i hove both male and female, or to wait till it is old enough to be sexed and try to find one of the opposite sex.

let me know your thoughts

cheers
Mick

You don't want two males together , but they will enjoy some company , 1 male 2 females .same size is a good idea as well .

Beardies would rather live alone, if you were thinking it needed a friend, but if you wanted to get a definate pair, I would (and did) buy four to start off with.

Never take the chance with two in the same enclosure. It may work for some but is it worth risking lost toes/limbs/ends of tails etc.????

Do they live in the wild together? My 2 cents.

so i should just wait till i can get ther little one i have sexed and go from there?

I was under the impression that beardies liked company...
Hmm..shall do more research.

gday, i have me a little hatchie central beardie and i was wondering if i should get him a playmate/another beardie.

i do plan on having a male and female pair of these, but i am unsure as to if i should get another one now so its around the same age and hope i hove both male and female, or to wait till it is old enough to be sexed and try to find one of the opposite sex.

let me know your thoughts

cheers
Mick

I have one for sale and if you end up with two males would would swap later down the track

Hello

Hello,

Dragons really are solitary creatures. They do need space & will feel crowded in if they have another dragon in their enclosure with them.
It can cause alot of stress which in the long run, will cause health problems. It isn't advisable to house a male with females, either. The males will overbreed the females, to the point of death at times.
The females shouldn't be bred until the age of 2 anyway, as it can harm their health by draining their bones of calcium & fat storage. It is possible that you can house 2 females together, but you would need a huge enclosure, at least 10 foot enclosure. One adult dragon needs at least 8 square feet of floor space.
I hope this helps. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back