baby blue tongue wont eat need help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i halfed the tank but gave the big one more space and im using a hot water bottle wrapped in a small towel under the mulch for the big one and kept the light on the little ones side . but he was taking chunks outa the dog food a couple minutes b4 i seperated them but thaught i should anyway just incase the little one is male and im not feeding it vegies yet untill it gets used to eating more of the dog bicks so then i slowly sneak the vegies in i mean u know kids some times u gotta trick em

no im not handling it any more like i was advised not to to tone down its stress

ok i halfed the tank but gave the big one more space and im using a hot water bottle wrapped in a small towel under the mulch for the big one and kept the light on the little ones side . but he was taking chunks outa the dog food a couple minutes b4 i seperated them but thaught i should anyway just incase the little one is male and im not feeding it vegies yet untill it gets used to eating more of the dog bicks so then i slowly sneak the vegies in i mean u know kids some times u gotta trick em

Hot water bottle isn't ideal because lizards like to get their heat from above, but I'm sure it will be ok for a couple of days. You said you have two desklamps? One for each side maybe?

Glad to hear that he is taking dog food. Try to give him some high quality dog food with heaps of veggies packed into it.

You say 'dog bicks'. Does this mean dog biscuits? Or are you feeding tinned/meat roll dog food?

Hot water bottle isn't ideal because lizards like to get their heat from above, but I'm sure it will be ok for a couple of days.

sorry chantelle - Not picking on you - The hot water bottle is a stupid idea. Sorry guys but no offence - if something were to pierce that hot water bottle - do you think your blueys would like a bath of almost boiling hot water?

the bottle is wrapped and sealed in a small towel then over that another towesl wich is under his hide where there is no mulch

its the one where its baught in a bag. wat i did was boil the kettel then put the bicks in a bowl and let it sit for a while . once it cooled down it became spongey so then i could much it up for the little one but since i made a big batch i gave 3/4 of it to the big one because the bredders dident know when he started hibernation so i put food for him every second day and i tried the tinned dog food but they wont go near it

sorry chantelle - Not picking on you - The hot water bottle is a stupid idea. Sorry guys but no offence - if something were to pierce that hot water bottle - do you think your blueys would like a bath of almost boiling hot water?
Yeah, I'm not keen on the hot water bottle idea either. What I meant was "... but I'm sure it [the big blue tongue] will be ok for a couple days [without heat]". Sorry that wasn't clear, reading over my post now I can see it looks silly and contradictory with the way I sentenced it, haha.

Last edited:
its the one where its baught in a bag. wat i did was boil the kettel then put the bicks in a bowl and let it sit for a while . once it cooled down it became spongey so then i could much it up for the little one but since i made a big batch i gave 3/4 of it to the big one because the bredders dident know when he started hibernation so i put food for him every second day and i tried the tinned dog food but they wont go near it
Uh, yeah... Dry dog food isn't what you want to be feeding him. What brand of 'tinned' dog food were you trying to feed him?
I mean the dry dog food is better than nothing but what you want is some high quality tinned dog food or "dog rolls" (dog rolls are available in the cold meat section of grocery stores). How were you serving the tinned food?

Doesn't sound like the breeder knew much about blue tongues if they were keeping them together with this sort of size difference, and if they didn't tell you what you should and shouldn't feed him or if they didn't give you info on proper heating and husbandry.

Yeah, I'm not keen on the hot water bottle idea either. What I meant was "... but I'm sure it [the big blue tongue] will be ok for a couple days [without heat]". Sorry that wasn't clear, reading over my post now I can see it looks silly and contradictory with the way I sentenced it, haha.

;) no probs.

hey

well my baby blue tounge has stopped eattin he hasnt eaten for a while but i found that he likes egg and mince meat but he wont eat the mince meat by its self he will only eat it if it was dipped in egg so maybe try egg and banana mashed with kiwi fruit and some copped lettuce also egg mixed together he loves that aswell so mabe if u try that they might eat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back