Baby dragon food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowdnboy

Reaction score
Hey all, Ive currently got quite a few beardy eggs incubating. First clutch should hatch in about 3 weeks.

Ive recently split my feeder roach colony into 4 sizes - adults, sub adults(20-25mm), roaches at about 10mm, and babys (nearly born)

However, I dont have a great deal of the smaller ones - which is what I'm assuming the babys wil be on when they hatch.

Q. What is a good guide when choosing the right size roaches to feed the young. Will they start eating roaches upto the 10mm size after hatching or are they too big. If I buy some crix, should they be pin head size, or are small crix small enough???

Cheers
Colby

I'm feeding my few week olds on small crickets. Will be stocked up on the really small roaches from herpshop on Tuesday though.

Hi Colby
I found the most important thing with hatchling bearded dragons is to feed them SOFT BODIED INSECTS.

Lucky for us we live in a rural area and there was always free food, eg. termite nests...
just gather the tiny white termites being careful not to allow any of the big mumma & dadda termites in with the baby dragons
Cheers
Sandee :)

the general size rule is that the insect should fit within the space between the dragons eyes.

Thanks everyone

Having never really seen a baby hatchling dragon before - other than photos (although I know they are pretty small), whats is the approx distance between the eyes??? Would they eat 10mm roaches OK.

Cheers
Colby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back