Baby snake food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I bought home my baby Marble Children's Python on Tuesday, she's most likely 4 months old, on pinkie mice. She's active when being handled. But just hides in her click clack. She's going through slough as she had the smokey eye, she hasn't eaten though so I'm worried about her not eating, should I just relax and wait till Tuesday (usual day I get snake food)?

Attachments

• VID20220524200322.mp4
    6.7 MB
As I understand it, it's normal for snakes not to eat for a while when they've moved to a new habitat/enclosure. It's also normal for them not to be hungry when they're in blue. (Preparing to shed). Usual tip I've seen is not to handle them after they've been relocated until after they've eaten their first meal. Do a search on here and you'll probably find a number of questions the same as yours with more descriptive answers than what I've given. I *think* the consensus is not to worry until they've lost more than 10% of their body weight, but I'm just an amateur myself.

Yeah, cool. My first 2 had no problem. Suppose its different for every snake.

Latest posts

Back