Ball Python Please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperUser

Reaction score
So ive recently have gotten into pythons and snakes so i convinced my partner who is scared of most snakes to let a get a ball python because its the only snake that isnt scary. I myself am in love with a ball python because they dont grow that large, some come with pure black eyes which are less intimidating and banana ball pythons are just adorable. sadly they are illegal here. my question is, is there an exotic license i am able to carry to be able to own one? this is urgent!

Sorry you’re out of luck. Unless you want to open a legitimate zoo.

Might I recommend a marble children’s python? They get a similar size to a ball python and have a unique appearance.
[automerge]1627859658[/automerge]
Or even a Tarble Children’s Python? (T+ and Marble) that’s gonna look as close to a banana ball python as possible. And even though they’re a bit spendy it will still be waaaaaaaaay cheaper than trying to set up a facility that would be allowed to hold exotic animals just for the sake of having one first pet ball python.

as said above by trotin, you're out of luck for Ball pythons or any non native species for that matter, (and no they wont make an exception because u ask nicely)

Antaresia species are definitely not scary and make great beginner animals and come in all kinds of colours! Marbles run around 3-400$ each, T+ marbles run a lot more but look very nice indeed

as said above by trotin, you're out of luck for Ball pythons or any non native species for that matter, (and no they wont make an exception because u ask nicely)

Antaresia species are definitely not scary and make great beginner animals and come in all kinds of colours! Marbles run around 3-400$ each, T+ marbles run a lot more but look very nice indeed
you can get merble het t+ for cheaper that look very similar to tarble as well!

Ball Pythons are absolutely hands down the worst snakes I have worked with. They have all the character of a wet tea towel. One of the best things about having to come back to Australia is that I would never see mine again. Veteran members of this forum may remember my hatred of Carpets around 10-20 years ago, but after working with those little terrified balls of zero character, I'm sort of fond of Carpets.

Balls look pretty, but they're the most hideously boring snake you can find. I simultaneously feel sorry for them and hate them.

Urgent!? Had a giggle at that. I've never urgently needed to buy a snake!
Antaresia are amazing pets. Placid, curious, really sweet nature.

You're not a true herper if you've never experienced a situation where buying a snake was urgent ;)

I totally agree with you, Antaresia are fantastic. My first snakes were Antaresias and after working with a wide range of snakes over the decades between then and now, Antaresia are still right up around the top of my favourites list.

Ball Pythons are absolutely hands down the worst snakes I have worked with. They have all the character of a wet tea towel. One of the best things about having to come back to Australia is that I would never see mine again. Veteran members of this forum may remember my hatred of Carpets around 10-20 years ago, but after working with those little terrified balls of zero character, I'm sort of fond of Carpets.

Balls look pretty, but they're the most hideously boring snake you can find. I simultaneously feel sorry for them and hate them.
not for everybody I guess

what about antaresia do you not like? compared to ball pythons, they're active, inquisitive, fair range of colours, not expensive like alot of ball python morphs, legal to own, fun to watch etc

if they're "scary" just dont let your partner near it

what about antaresia do you not like? compared to ball pythons, they're active, inquisitive, fair range of colours, not expensive like alot of ball python morphs, legal to own, fun to watch etc

if they're "scary" just dont let your partner near it
Don’t ball pythons get bigger than most antaresia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back