Ban serial abuses of Chit Chat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Aussie Pythons and Snakes or Aussie Chit and Chat?
Its a shame because it seems the chit chat section is taking over!
Reptile related threads are getting ignored in favour of those type of threads you mentioned Fay, i think its a good idea to keep chit chat out of the home page.

Can we also restrict the serial whingers.......the serial grumps....and those who get off on sending ignorant pms! :rolleyes: Lighten up people. IT IS CHIT CHAT!!!!!!

thats a great idea,
it would be funny to see the site domenated by mostly men.
PS she asked me to send her a PM and than she complains about it when she gets it ?
but thats what i expect from the myspace gang .hahahah.

well done garthfay its good to know you want change also

Can we also restrict the serial whingers.......the serial grumps....and those who get off on sending ignorant pms! :rolleyes: Lighten up people. IT IS CHIT CHAT!!!!!!

Don't be silly! Everyone enjoys reading whingey sooky posts more than seeing people having fun! ;)

Maybe we need a whingers' forum :lol:

I don't think he was saying that chit chat go completely, just that it not impact on where the more important threads are seen.

I do agree that there are some silly threads & I wasn't having a go at gillsy. I guess I am just getting a bit sick of the lack of tolerance seen on here lately. I don't see how "important " threads get lost to junk. It has a separate section and anyone wanting to check General Herps for eg can easily do that. There is the choice to read or not to read. What is the point of reading a thread with the only intention to bag it & other posters on it! :rolleyes:
And just because someone puts up a couple of silly threads on chit chat doens't mean they have a lack of knowledge in other areas. ;)
A little tolerance goes a looong way!

I do agree that there are some silly threads & I wasn't having a go at gillsy. I guess I am just getting a bit sick of the lack of tolerance seen on here lately. I don't see how "important " threads get lost to junk. It has a separate section and anyone wanting to check General Herps for eg can easily do that. There is the choice to read or not to read. What is the point of reading a thread with the only intention to bag it & other posters on it! :rolleyes:
And just because someone puts up a couple of silly threads on chit chat doens't mean they have a lack of knowledge in other areas. ;)
A little tolerance goes a looong way!

I'm not saying ban them or ban chit chat, just limit how much crap someone can post per day.

it's not seperated when you click new post it comes up. I don't go into each forum indiviually takes to long.

As this post proves it people would rather hear about glider stealing underwear than valid topics.

Most of these posts are off topic, yet where are the mods to delete them.

Yet someone posts something off topic in a reptile thread they get deleted... hmm.

Is there anyway that user can be restricted for chit chat.

The stupid 'which are you' or 'what's your favourite' by some members are getting pathetic.

Maybe limit it to one chit chat post a day, or stop serial offenders posting at all.

It's creating junk and valid threads are disappearing.

it happens everywhere you go... i know how anoying it can get...

to be honest this has to be one of the most moderated forums around... nearly everythread has a post deleted...

as for some people saying that it is becoming less and less herp focused.... i honestly think this site is fine...

ive been part of many forums... moderators on others to.

even the forum skylinesaustralia.com that revieced a top 5 listing as most visited australian site isnt as moderated.... they have whats called a wasteland for just junk... , current affairs,... anything really.

as i said at the start everyone.. it happens everwhere....get over it.... and stop being old. you dont want the forum to turn into a moderator a$$ kissing contest to get your posts approved.....

the mods cant always be online 24/7 to fix everything they do do a good job at what there doing i mean considering the amount of members on here and the amount of mods its a bit hard for them to have everything perfect

i mean yes there are some silly threads but it is a chitchat section, if it was gotten rid off the pointless threads would mostlikely just start somewhere els on the site

its chit chat
i think that if u dont like the board dont read it
ur alowed to talk about offtopic things there, its there for a reason

its a site i wish some people wouldnt get so worked up over it

Its a shame the "kids" are coping the flack. "Mature" members are repeat offenders also.. But some how i can look past the children yet the "mature" dribble posting members imo should know better...and yet they continue to degrade the forum with useless, petty garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back