beaded dragon hatchies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anntay

Reaction score
hi was just wondering is it the norm for some bearded dragons to have their eggs hatch now? my friends beardies had eggs and all eggs hatched 1 week ago. should she seperate the male from the females now as the real breading season is coming up to give the females a rest?

It's certainly very late for a clutch to hatch but given incubation is roughly 60 days give or take and the female has the ability to store sperm anything is possible really. How many clutches has she had in the last 12 months?

this is the second since she has had them about 1 1/2 yrs the last lot did no good as they were not ready or know the females were pregs. i am hoping to get over there this weekend and get photos of them.

Personally I like to rest females and not have them produce consecutive clutches. First clutches usually produce a fair amount of nonviable eggs, but their are many contributing factors to this such as diet and conditioning of the female beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back