bearded dragon tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks good what heat lights a you going to use

It's not finished yet,
It is for a baby bearby it is 64cmX28cmX38cm
What heat/uv lights would you recomend?

If it is for a baby beardie, please don't use those rocks. Chances are they will eat a mouthful of them while trying to catch the crickets and get an impaction in the gut. Until they are about 1 year old, you should use newspaper, paper towel, astro turf or something similar that they can't eat.
As for lighting, you will need a hot bright basking light such as the reptisun in you're prefered wattage (about 50 or 75 for the size tank). Alternatively, from woolworths or big W you can get phillips spot bulbs for a fraction of the cost, that do just as good a job. With that size tank you'd only use a 40w phillips bulb. Just make sure it is a spot bulb, so that it directs the heat and light straight down, rather then spreading it out.
UV - I use a 10.0 UV compact fluro bulb.

If it is for a baby beardie, please don't use those rocks. Chances are they will eat a mouthful of them while trying to catch the crickets and get an impaction in the gut. Until they are about 1 year old, you should use newspaper, paper towel, astro turf or something similar that they can't eat.
As for lighting, you will need a hot bright basking light such as the reptisun in you're prefered wattage (about 50 or 75 for the size tank). Alternatively, from woolworths or big W you can get phillips spot bulbs for a fraction of the cost, that do just as good a job. With that size tank you'd only use a 40w phillips bulb. Just make sure it is a spot bulb, so that it directs the heat and light straight down, rather then spreading it out.

sorry for butting in, but you know how you said dont use lighting and stuff till they are babies...well does that also go for geckos?
thankyou

sorry for butting in, but you know how you said dont use lighting and stuff till they are babies...well does that also go for geckos?
thankyou

Knob-tailed geckos wont require UVA lighting as they are nocturnal but you will need to dust a vitamin suppliment containing calcium . And just use sand for geckos so they can dig in it. It wont matter if they eat a little bit of sand. Make sure you get real sand and not crushed rock sand.

Befor I got my licence I used the same gravel for bearded dragons and never had any prob, I used to for bt as well and they got bannana on it and tryed to eat it but when they found it was hard they spat it out, so I think it will be fine to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back