Bearded Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd2302

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a bearded dragon to add to the collection but I just wanted to start researching so here is a good place to start as always. Just a couple of questions.

I often see for sale and in captive collections the central bearded dragons, are the Eastern/Common (Pogona Barbata) as common in captivity? Do any of you have dragon keepers have any preferance?

Do they like to live together or are they much more solitary? I ask because I often see hatchlings - yearlings often living together in captivity, was wondering if this poses any problems or even if it benefits them to live together? Just curious really..

Anyway, hopefully this is a start, would prefer a Barbata but man those centrals are gorgeous!

i wouldn't keep male beardies together as adults because most will fight, if they have been kept together since the were hatched you can but you have to be wary. i keep my two males together and have been for almost a year and a half and iv'e had no problems. females can be kept together sometimes. i haven't seen any eastern beardies for sale at the reptile shop i go to and iv'e been going there for a year and a half, just ask breeders

I bought 2 beardies as babies. It turned out they were both males. Started fighting so I had to sell one. They were getting very aggressive. I'd just get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back