Bearded Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miffy

Reaction score
Hello all

I was just wondering if 2ft tank is too small for a bearded dragon?

What size tanks do they require and to they prefer to be in pairs?

The bigger the better, my inland loves to run so if you can get a 4ft or even a 6ft they'll love you for it!

Most of the Beardies I've seen in the wild are alone. However, in captivity they appear to get along in small groups. In the wild they have a large area to range oveer, and spend their day sunning themselves and looking for food. In a cage there is very little to do, so having more than one individual provides some environmental enrichment. just don't have to many males with your females!

:p

Hix

A two foot tank is much to small for a single adult beardie, four foot or more is much better. Dragons need lots of room. Even small species do better in larger enclosures.

Three to four -- our little fella is in a three foot snake tank. He has walls to climb (love the backgrounds made for it available from pet shops!) and plenty of logs to seperate the cool from the hot end. As he gets bigger we're already looking at a larger enclosure to make for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back