Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A store I would recommend is Kellyville Pets. They provide great advice to get you started, and have never tried to upsell me. Even told me not to get a gecko because they didn't like handling. A bit pricey, but great advice and variety, including some beautiful Albinos.

At 10 months, my carpet is already around 1.1-1.2m.

Don't mean to steal the spotlight, but I noted that you were looking at the albino pythons. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much I could expect to pay for an albino spotted python from Snake Ranch, or just anywhere?

Best regards.

IMHO the best first snake to get is the 1 that takes your fancy the most, look at lots of different 1's handle them if you can, but if there is 1 that you keep coming back to as a favorite then that is probably the 1 you should get, there are way too many people out there that suffer from buyers remorse and the snake/lizard or whatever it is most times suffers from lack of interest later on because it was not really what you wanted it was what you settled on, ok an Albino Darwin (the most popular) might set you back from about $700 up to $1,500 depending on the breeder and the quality of the Albino, "BUT" if that is the snake you really want in your heart then there are reputable breeders who will let you pay them off, then you will have the first snake you wanted. As far as the enclosure size is concerned as others have already said if you get something around the 6 month to 12 months old then for at least a year it will comfortably live in a "Click-Clack" type clear plastic container of app 400x300x150mm on a heat mat with a thermostat until you can build an enclosure to suit the size of critter you decided to buy, just take into consideration there is a minimum measurement for the size enclosure you have for each type of snake, i will include the simplified dimensions for Code of Practice for the Private Keeping of Reptiles (Minimum Cage Sizes) and the link for the codes for each species, anyway welcome to our addiction and good luck with whatever snake you decide to buy, i am sure it will be a cracker. :) .....................Ron

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/resources/wildlifelicences/20130185ReptileCode.pdf

To find the code for your particular animal look in appendix a towards the end of the document

And a big thank you goes out to Bart70 for his simplified dimension formula for the COP's

Attachments

• Robs calculations.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:
Don't mean to steal the spotlight, but I noted that you were looking at the albino pythons. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much I could expect to pay for an albino spotted python from Snake Ranch, or just anywhere?

Best regards.

I've been looking around and privately I can purchase a hatchling for 400-550 whereas in a store you're looking at 900+. The prices do vary as some breeders/stores price theirs by the type of markings they have. I think they are all nice looking so i'll just find a reputable breeder that has them for the 400-550 price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back