Beginner snakes (preferably pythons)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbinoSwissSnake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m looking for inexpensive snake.
maybe something that is arboreal.
but I’m fine for any suggestions

Carpet pythons make great beginner snakes and are semi-arboreal, however most require an enclosure with these dimensions: 120x60x60. Pythons from the group Anteresia (spotted, stimson, pygmy and children pythons) also make good beginner snakes as they are generally good handlers, don’t get big and are relatively easy to care for. However, these pythons are mostly terrestrial and don’t sped much time climbing. If you want something with a bit of size that spends a bit of time off the ground a carpet is an excellent choice. Green tree pythons are arboreal but not recommended for beginners and can be pretty darn expensive (1000$+). Carpets are much cheaper and easier to care for.

my first was a stimmie and he is super placid, very hardy and cost about $500, only because he was a T+. You can get normals or ghosts for much cheaper at around $200 - $350. They require not much space, especially for the first 12 months of their life. Grow to around a metre when fully grown (4ish years i believe). Hope this helps

Carpet pythons make great beginner snakes and are semi-arboreal, however most require an enclosure with these dimensions: 120x60x60. Pythons from the group Anteresia (spotted, stimson, pygmy and children pythons) also make good beginner snakes as they are generally good handlers, don’t get big and are relatively easy to care for. However, these pythons are mostly terrestrial and don’t sped much time climbing. If you want something with a bit of size that spends a bit of time off the ground a carpet is an excellent choice. Green tree pythons are arboreal but not recommended for beginners and can be pretty darn expensive (1000$+). Carpets are much cheaper and easier to care for.
Man i’d love a diamond!
[automerge]1622699609[/automerge]
Hey guys I’m looking for inexpensive snake.
maybe something that is arboreal.
but I’m fine for any suggestions
Can’t go past a woma, stimpson’s or children’s

Nah i’m in nsw hopefully can get them in a couple years.
No, but breeding rainbowfish is harder!
Lol, you can keep anything in NSW. Unlike stupid QLD. Our licencing systems suck.
You should get a diamond then! Definitely be easier to keep where you are.

Lol, you can keep anything in NSW. Unlike stupid QLD. Our licencing systems suck.
Can’t keep crocs.
My uncle wants one.
He just can’t find one for sale
[automerge]1622704893[/automerge]
Not sure,
Marbled childrens sell for quite a bit of money

Can’t keep crocs.
My uncle wants one.
He just can’t find one for sale
[automerge]1622704893[/automerge]

Not sure,
Marbled childrens sell for quite a bit of money
Yeah they are pretty spicy looking snakes. Immaculate children pythons are pretty sick as well. Just ask Sdaji.
But nothin' beats a good old Sdaji's smooth snake ?

Back