Behaviour Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5c077y88

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the page.

I'm new to owning snakes and I have a 12 month old blonde spotted python, about 700mm long and girth the size of a good sized finger / thumb.
She's been very well behaved when being handled up until recently.
She used to just move around my hands and arms with no problems but recently she's done a backflip. If I get her out she'll just wrap around my fingers and only move around with her head and half the time she tightens enough to make my fingers go purple if I let her long enough.
She hasn't bitten me, but she had a bite without striking once and she's bitten my brother twice when I wasn't around.

The hot side is kept at 30-32 and the cool side at 23-25 and humidity i try to keep between 60-70% which is hard. Oh and I'm feeding her on hopper mice until I get more food next weekend.

Ideas as to the sudden mood swing? Hands are sweatier because it's summer, or just because it's summer, or food related...

Thanks in advance for any help and advice =)

I don't keep spotteds but I would guess the prey item is way undersized.

And don't stress so much about humidity.

Ok, she does get a bit more aggressive towards feeding day and when you walk up to a move at her enclosure she moves like she's stalking. Any suggestions as to what I should move her up to?

I read that spotteds can get very aggressive when going through "puberty", but I don't if that's true, nor do I remember the age. My carpet only did this once, and that was because I was trying to handle him while my fingers smelt of mouse. He is around nine months old, and this was around a month ago.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll up the food size and see how it goes =)

[MENTION=41869]5c077y88[/MENTION], Try bumping your heat up to 34 deg C, forget about trying to balance the humidity not needed, as Cement said Hopper rats is what it should be on by now every 7-10 days and he/she should be happy. :) ..................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back