BHP - Projectile Vomited Water

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randman

Reaction score
Hi.

I have an 18 month old female Queensland variety Black Headed Python that this evening projectile vomited water over me. I have never heard of a snake doing this and wanted to get some comments as whether it is normal. She is my first snake so I've been learning as I go since I got her as a hatchling.

More information. It sounded like a cross between a sneeze and a cough. She fed and shed yesterday. After it happened she seemed just normal but I put her straight back into her enclosure as it freaked me out a bit.
Any comments that can explain this are welcome. :)

Randman

If a snake has recently drank and handled (usually within a few minutes of drinking) they can regurge water. The regurged water is usually a clearish slimy consistency, it shouldn't be any thing to worry about if this is the case. Just keep an eye on your snake to make sure it doesn't show any other systems that could be something else.

Hi.

I have an 18 month old female Queensland variety Black Headed Python that this evening projectile vomited water over me. I have never heard of a snake doing this and wanted to get some comments as whether it is normal. She is my first snake so I've been learning as I go since I got her as a hatchling.

More information. It sounded like a cross between a sneeze and a cough. She fed and shed yesterday. After it happened she seemed just normal but I put her straight back into her enclosure as it freaked me out a bit.
Any comments that can explain this are welcome. :)

Randman

If you only fed her yesterday you shouldn't be handling her for at least 2-3 days after or up-chucks can happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically what happened is she had a drink of water. You disturbing and handling her, (your hands running over her tummy and putting pressure on it ) has forced her to throw up. Don't handle any snake just after you have fed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back