Bioactive enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayva07

Reaction score
Hello!
I’ve been planning on setting up a half bioactive enclosure for both my snakes, by half I mean some bioactive and some of there normal bedding, I want to do half with their Normal bedding because i don’t know if the heat Matt while work well under the bioactive part. I have a few questions because my google searches have been unhelpful.
1. Should I make the whole enclosure bioactive?
2. They are a spotted python and a Stimson python, so what would be the best soil and plants to put into the enclosure
3. What other than soil and plants do I need, I’ve read about drainage layers and mixing a few different things to create a substrate but I don’t know what would be best.

Thanks for reading and sorry if it’s confusing.

In short, don't do it.

If you want to build a bioactive set up, do so as a general hobby, as an enclosure you are asking for trouble, humidity issues, overall animal health, as well as damage to plants and set up with snakes moving around.

It's totally your decision however I would suggest you can create some amazing visual displays with artificial plants and save yourself a world of headaches.

Latest posts

Back