Blonde A. maculosa locality

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foozil

Reaction score
G'day,

Does anyone know what locality/region blonde macs are from? Or are they just line bred normals? Please share your opinions!

Thanks,

Hi Foozil,

I just messaged Bob and got this reply. Seems they do come from far Nth Qld.

"After years of searching I finally found them at Cooktown. I now know Cooktown is their northern limit and Port Douglas their southern range. Also found from the coast and up the eastern side of the Atherton Ranges".

Cheers,

George.

Hi Foozil,

"After years of searching I finally found them at Cooktown. I now know Cooktown is their northern limit and Port Douglas their southern range. Also found from the coast and up the eastern side of the Atherton Ranges".

Cheers,

George.

Fantastic, thanks for asking him!

Thats awesome George.
Like you I had thought they were just a 'created' morph for want of a better description.
Nice to know they are linked back to a locale.

Yes, they did come from the Cape York Maccies, though they only barely showed the traits back then. They have been selectively bred for colour and pattern since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back