"BLUE" Green Tree Frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KWKW

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok well i was looking through Michael Cermak's site and noticed on hes publishing page that he had writen about the "BLUE" Green Tree Frog and taken pics but it was eaten shortly after.

so my question is does anyone own any of these or has anyone seen any elsewhere?

and michael i would love to see more pics if you have any.

I read that article as well, good read.

There are several tones of green tree frogs, that blue is just at one extreme. They all actually possess the ability to change their tones slightly.

My daughter has one - will see if I can get a photo or two....

photo as promised

30882_10150175919030467_774350466_12321503_4990452_n.jpg

AS promised here is a photo of her male 'blue' green tree frog and his girlfriend -

I live near Tamborine in the Hinterland of the Gold Coast.
I have come across ''Blue'' Green Tree Frogs quite a few times here
The last one i saw was the size of a small football (it was huge)
So i thought it must be a different species..
But the reptile vet i use here says that he regulrely sees Blues in his work
And quite a few huge ones..
Next one i come across i will make sure i get a few happy snaps for you.

Yes that is a normal light blue colour but the one on michaels page is
extreme blue.

that blue one is awesome!
now i want a blue one too!! :p

guess as with all herps there are extreme and slight colour morphs caused by either genetics or climate change. Here in Tasmania we have lots of small micro climates around the place so colour morphs are quite common.

That pic of the two colours together ian_davo is stellar. It is a great contrast and a display of diversity.

Yes its a nice light blue in the pic you have there!

but regarding Michaels pic on hes publishing page
thegreeneffect ? Publishing under magazine articles
that one is amazing.

its dark blue. have a look!

This is the one your talking about? It almost looks like a disorder, as you can still see traces of green spots. Unless its a dodgey photoshop?
13.jpg

The blue one in the top picture is a shade of green really. They do it sometimes, they can get dark brown also.
The one in my pics is a freak, it happens when some reason the yellow dermal layer is absent (genetics). Blue overlaid with yellow produces green, their normal colour. If the yellow is not there, the frog appears blue.
The pic in the magazine is not a bodged photoshop job, just poor colour reproduction in the printing process.

View attachment 162154View attachment 162155

Since that particular one is no longer with us!

surely it cant be the only one out there!

anymore info on where it was found bred?

Wow, now that's what I call blue...Nice shot Waterrat!

Do you breed these little guys?

The blue one in the top picture is a shade of green really. They do it sometimes, they can get dark brown also.
The one in my pics is a freak, it happens when some reason the yellow dermal layer is absent (genetics). Blue overlaid with yellow produces green, their normal colour. If the yellow is not there, the frog appears blue.
The pic in the magazine is not a bodged photoshop job, just poor colour reproduction in the printing process.

Thats interesting what you say re the blue overlaid with green. Wonder how it relates to albinos being yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back