Blue tongue ginger beer and lager

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I know its been done, but i thought i would give my review on the subject.

Last night, i thought i would endulge and go out on a mission to find some Blue tongue lager and ginger beer. The only reason is cause i have a friends car while she is in N.Z.
First place i tried was the Iron Duke hotel in Alexandria, they were out, so they guided me to Chinatown Cellars where the beer and ginger were plentiful.

After forking out my $70 for 12 gingers and 12 lagers. (yes trendsetters, i did say $70) i headed home for the tasting.

I decided to start with the ginger beer having a craving for something sweet. The aroma was weak, as was the taste. Not very impressed at all. I had visions of a great nice strong ginger beer resembling the bundeburg non alcoholic version, but i was wrong.
For the ginger beer i give them 1 Shermstar out of a possible 5.

Then, dissappointed as i was, i got excited about grabbing a cold lager and giving that a run. Once again, i was expecting a nice full bodied taste with a nice aroma. And yet again, i was mistaken. The lager seemed to be a watered down brew that had minimal taste and minimal aroma. Noting that the beer would be good for a non usual beer drinker as it is light on taste.
But,,,, once i had a bite of my pizza, that is when the full taste of the beer finally came out. So i would say it is a beer to be had with food, and not a boozers choice for a big night out. For the lager i give it 2.5 Shermstar's out of 5.

To finish, i did pay $70 for the lot, so no matter what the verdict, i still have it in the fridge to finish off.

If anyone wants to try one free of charge, we can come back to my place after the herp meeting tonight or i can bring them in a cooler bag for after the meeting at the pub. Either way doesnt bother me.

Overall, nowhere near worth the price.

Cheers, Alan.

P.s, i think my $70 next time will go to a carton of corona and a couple of lemons for slicing. Or 2 cartons of Tooheys new if im really thirsty.

I got a case of bluetongue the other day too sherm.

I quite liked it actually. Definitley a lighter tasting beer but I don't mind that in summer.

But it is tough to go past Corona I'd have to agree.

i liked the ginger beer, but saying that i thought it needed more bubbles.
I have not tried the lager as yet.

MMMMMMM BEER

woooo hooooooooooooo

beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, YUM!

I reckon the lager taste pretty good.

I normally can't stand the taste of beer and normally drink wine.

But then again at that price its for a more sophisticated tongue like myself :wink:

You wouldnt expect an army grunt to appreciate anything other than a crappy VB :twisted: :wink:

Jonny said:
But then again at that price its for a more sophisticated tongue like myself

Pfffhhhaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaa!!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :D :wink:

After forking out my $70 for 12 gingers and 12 lagers. (yes trendsetters, i did say $70) i headed home for the tasting.

:wink: Just came home from beer/wine shopping, bought a 6 pk of each....There are now a couple of each in the fridge to try later when Daavid gets home... :D

tell us what you think of it!!!!!
whats you prefered beer judy?

I've only had it on tap, never bottled but....
I didn't much like the lager, but I'm not a fan of most lagers.
I did really like the ginger, mostly because the ginger taste is not overpowering.
so, basically I agree with sherm, but have diferent tastes.

Bryony said:
tell us what you think of it!!!!!
whats you prefered beer judy?

I will let you know..still waiting ....Daavid should be rolling up any time now on his treadly!! Oh I just heard him come up!! I am thirsty too, been gardening and painting all arvo...and it is a great warm afternoon here in Melbourne....pant, pant, pant!!! :wink:

...ahhhhhh, that was good, (lil burp) :wink: I like both beer..I feel a VERY cold ginger beer would be fantastic on a very hot afternoon sitting in the backyard, or camping, quenching the thirst! and the lager good for just sipping on...I do love beer, sadly I can only drink about 2 before I get giggly and have a terrible hangover...so I usually drink the light beer..... :D :D Thanx for asking Bryony...bounce, bounce, bounce :wink:

The lager I found very light - as an ice cold beer on a warm afternoon I am sure it would hit the spot a treat.

I love ginger and like the Bunderburg Ginger Beer. I often wondered what an alcoholic version of this would taste like. I found the Blue Tongue offering very pleasant but lacks that strong ginger beer taste. Again it would hit the spot, ice cold on a warm afternoon. It is also moderately sweet.

I am washing it down with Coopers Extra Stout Chaser ;-) - Now there is a beer you know that you are tasting ;-)

mmmmm BEER Must try the Blue Tongue and give a verdict on taste...off to the bottlo for Browns..will let you know soon enuf..knowing my luck they won't have a clue what beer i'm talking about but see how it goes????????????

well ther you go.they'd never even heard of it so i asked them to order some in..had to go back to the trusty Boags...mmmmmmmmmmm Beer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back