!!blue toungue help!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyson001

Reaction score
my blue tounge started shedding thursday afternoon he has shed every thing but in his ears as their is scales clinging to the scales in his ears but he hasent got them off as they are clinging on tight my consern is he has a couple ticks in his ears could they be stopping him from sheeding and i cant get them as he is very agro at the moment.

could someone please help

If he has ticks in his ears it would be best to take him to a vet. If you are inexperienced you risk damaging the ears trying to do anything yourself.

Also, I have never seen scales that have remained after a shed near the ears, a vet should be able to help you.

Without a picture it will be hard for anyone to give you any firm advice, other than taking the reptile to a vet to avoid any accidental injury you may cause trying to help, or any further damage the ticks may be causing.

Best of luck mate,

If the blue tongue has ticks in the ears it is common for the shed skin to accumulate and form almost a 'plug' of dead skin in the ears. Just grab a pair of tweezers and pull it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back