Boiga Irregularis (Night tiger)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleazy.P.Martini

Reaction score
Paid the deposit on this little fella the other day. He'll be touching down at the start of May. Very happy! I'd love to hear from any others who keep them, any particular husbandry and feeding tips etc. Also love to see some enclosure pics

Boiga Male pair 3.jpg

I'll be chasing some of these as soon as they are added to our keepers list (probably this year). I think a few people in WA will be :)

Paid the deposit on this little fella the other day. He'll be touching down at the start of May. Very happy! I'd love to hear from any others who keep them, any particular husbandry and feeding tips etc. Also love to see some enclosure pics

View attachment 289011
That is a really nice snake. Are these similar to GTS in keeping?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they are similar to keep though I've never kept gts. From the reading and research I've done gts are commonly fed on fish. I've done a lot of reading, although its hard to find info on these guys, so I ordered Scotts book on elapids and colubrids. I'm sure there's plenty more info in there

I believe they are similar to keep though I've never kept gts. From the reading and research I've done gts are commonly fed on fish. I've done a lot of reading, although its hard to find info on these guys, so I ordered Scotts book on elapids and colubrids. I'm sure there's plenty more info in there
I thought as much, as you said I have read a lot about the GREEN TREE SNAKE but not a lot on these fellas.

Sorry if I had peoples posts removed, I was only joking and sorry for causing mods work.

Nice mate. Great little snakes these.

Had a couple that can be fussy eaters but its not hard to get them back on the right track. Scott's book is also brilliant in describing their needs.

Flick me a PM if you want anymore info.

S

Last edited:
They are nothing like Dendrelaphis and they generally eat small birds,mammals and geckos in the wild.
Dendrelaphis will generally eat lizards and frogs. I fed mine fish and asian house geckos.

Your Boiga can be basically kept like a python.

I found this one searching for Gehyra, West of Cairns

Boiga irregularis by J. Kelk, on Flickr

Used to get a few in the roof in Humpty Doo,they didnt eat fish up there:lol:.

In Queensland it is legal to capture certain wild skinks for feeding snakes that primarily eat lizards but the recommend you try to get them on mice as soon as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back