Born Free...........Na!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdog

Reaction score
It's been a couple of months in the making but the new outdoor enclosure for the Land Mullet is ready to go barring a few cosmetic touches.
9-09-2012 9-29-08 AM.jpg9-09-2012 9-16-24 AM.jpg
Today is the big day, and the three Mullet who have been raised in an indoor aquarium for the past few years were all "released" together!
Trouble in paradise.Although they had only been in the bags for two minutes max they all decided that the bags wern't so bad after all.
9-09-2012 9-15-37 AM.jpg9-09-2012 9-14-12 AM.jpg
There were some spectators as well.
9-09-2012 9-25-18 AM.jpg
Half hour or so later one has taken up residence under one of the stumps (ignoring the 20 or so carefully constructed underground hide areas) and was happy to pose for a photo or two.
9-09-2012 9-51-22 AM.jpg
Hmmm this basking lamp is heaps better than the old one!

Great work:)! I'm sure your scaley friends will appreciated the space, fresh air and sunshine.

Nice! What's the dimension of your pit?

It's approximately 7 metres x 5 metres.

wow how much was that. Thats massive

As above for size Eddie, but if you're referring to cost it's all recycled material except for the support posts and hardwood edging on the top - about $200.
Thanks Wally.

Thanks guys I hope they enjoy it. I don't think I am going to see too much of them over the next few weeks though, they do the bolt as soon as I approach now.

Last edited:
Good job.
You could of saved yourself the trouble and rehomed them in bags, they seemed quite happy there : )

Thanks for all the positive comments. I am very happy with the way it turned out.
Looking forward to the plants growing up a bit and giving it a more forested appearance, although there's nothing too tall in there. There is a snake vine growing out of the top of the tallest stump which should eventually spread over the stump and surounding timber and look great hopefully.
I am lucky to have plenty of space to work with, although I have seen some fantastic enclosures on suburban blocks as well.
G'day Fuscus, it must be almost time for some nocturnal photographic sessions....you think?

That looks unreal Mike! Good to see that you are still keeping some reptiles aswell, will have to catch up soon!

Matt

That is awesome, nice work, its the land mullet Hilton. Can't wait till I settle down and can set up something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back