Bredli carpet python breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addelinaperry

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have 2 separate adult bredli python I purchased from different states with freight to here in vic a couple months ago and hope to breed them now.
They each have a large tank each, the female eats a lot (like 2 mice a week) and the male still hasn't eaten even though i offer them frozen mice, quail).
Where do I go from here to breed them?
They have been cooled for a few weeks.
Now I put them in empty rooms converted to enclosures (I.e. I literally turned my whole laundry which is 4x4m into a temp enclosure with heating, water/food bowls, hides, etc and sealed off any holes) and introduce them both at the same time but they have no interest at all. I leave them for a few hours before i have to go to work, etc then have to put them back.

How long can I leave them together and if they do mate, how long does the process last for? Any behaviour I should look out for?

I also bought a large brandnew chicken egg incubator (it's about 50cm by 50cm square and 20-30cm tall), it has small poles to rotate eggs but these can be removed. It is preset to 38deg cel, and I'm not sure if I can adjust it to 30degrees, would I be able to use this? I am also in the process of making a bar fridge incubator using a heat cord and thermostat. Which ever is more cost effective to run.

its not even breeding season , you have to cool from june to mid september and then pair them for a few weeks untill you see ovulation in your female

theyre the latest breeders, sometimes getting eggs late february

are you sure theyre male/female? how big are they? are you sure you're prepared? a chicken incubator will kill them lickity split if you dont remove the rotating poles

DIY fridge will be cheaper and more efficient

Edit: your female eats 2 mice a week? maybe 30, 40g each?!?!?, i feed my breeder females 250g-350g rats weekly/fortnightly from november to february

Dont worry about cost effective if the goal is to make money

you want your females to be BIG, about 3-4kg, if you breed them small you might run into eggbound problems

heres some reading for you

Credit: SouthernXreptiles

Attachments

• Bredli.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
All I can say is listen to everything that @Herpetology has to say, he's the bredli king. The enclosure sounds big! My only question is, is it still like a laundry or does it look like an enclosure?

Thank you. Well It is now an enclosure as I moved out the washing machine (luckily my family are overseas for a few months and I currently live alone). I didn't think of it having to be natural following the season's, I thought the breeding cycle could be artificially changed in captivity

She eats 2 large adult mice then stops at 3, I haven't had luck buying any rats but am still trying.
I'm actually not 100% sure they are male/female, just taking the sellers words for it. I'm afraid to probe them and waiting for their shedding to see if there are hemipene remnants (although that's not 100% either).
The female is very large already, over 3kg. I may have to wait til she ovulates.

Thank you for the attachment.

Latest posts

Back