Breeders Choice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack86

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone uses this as substrate for children's /Stimson's pythons? Currently I am using paper towel which I love for temp control and easy to see messes etc but when I do have a mess to clean up I have to change out the entire square and it can be a bit of a big job if he has weed over a few squares I have to remove the snake entirely to clean everything up (I don't mind doing this but it's not something I had to do with Aspen, which probably meant his enclosure wasn't as clean). I'm not a fan of the Aspen either.

How does it go with feeding? I like the paper towel because my snake can't ingest any of it. What's it like temp control wise?

Any opinions and advice greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230118-090258.png
    Screenshot_20230118-090258.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
It is best suited to larger cages, where a thicker layer can put down. That way liquid wastes are all absorbed before reaching the cage floor, which makes spot cleaning so much easier. In a click clack, paper towel would be the better option.

It is best suited to larger cages, where a thicker layer can put down. That way liquid wastes are all absorbed before reaching the cage floor, which makes spot cleaning so much easier. In a click clack, paper towel would be the better option.
Thanks! I actually kind of figured that out today when I was thinking about it more, so will wait til he's in a larger enclosure

Latest posts

Back