Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep animals for all different kinds of reasons and their reason for keeping will reflect their view on the matter. Simple as that.

I only have one python and that's all I want and I'm happy with it as a specimen of a pure locale and an example of what you would find in the wild. I respect it and I respect the time it's taken for them to evolve the patterns that they carry and I see no need for it to be any other way.

That's great, I think that's a really lovely attitude and it's closer to what more people had when I was first keeping herps back in the 80s. I miss those days, and I wish there was more of that spirit still around.

However, looking at the reality of the present day, if I had 1000 bog standard Children's Pythons and 1000 albino Children's Pythons, and advertised them at the same price, I'd sell out of albinos and have a huge load of further requests before I sold my first regular one. If I had 1000 typical Jungles and 1000 jungles with brighter and cleaner yellow than anything you'd ever see naturally, against perfect solid black, I doubt I'd sell more than 5 typical ones before I'd sold out of the speccy ones. Same goes for any species.

There will always be a huge diversity of people doing different things for different reasons, but the vast majority most want the prettiest, healthiest, or most rare.

Would you honestly suggest that a python breeder not select the prettiest babies for the next generation?

Yea people these days are programmed to be sheep and follow the herd. I know this and it still doesn't change my opinion on the matter. I don't feel like I need to relate to your way of thinking because it has nothing to do with me or my reason for keeping an animal.

I own a beautiful intergrade and I guarantee you there is even better looking specimens in the wild (have seen photos of some awesome looking wild ones that put mine to shame) so for me your point is just not valid.

Yeah the cool looking snakes, the ones you see advertised as beautiful looking snake 2 Y/O, but I just don't have the time he/she deserves anymore??? "reading the truth behind this Ad - I bought a snake coz it looked cool, I did no research and I never knew they lived for 20 years and the novelty wore off. I have shown it off to everyone I could already (my mates don't think it is cool anymore), got it out the other day for the first time in a month and it was aggressive!!! Ohh... and did I forget to mention watching TV, playing X-Box keeps me super busy busy, so I do not have the small amount of time a day to give attention to the needs of a python."

Just another view, but those that will, will do what they want anyway, so no point trying to educate - the educated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back