Brown Nose

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exactly..... thats why here in Queensland we often confuse rbbs and politicians.... (both have brown noses);)
They are easy to tell the difference between. One is really good at changing directions in the blink of an eye, when confronted. If cornered and given no other out, you will quickly see the venomous side of them. They prefer to be left alone so they can lay round, do nothing and conserve energy, until meal times. They squeeze the life out of most everything they are given.

Both are snakes… but the other one is covered in scales and lacks limbs.

I would have asked if they were venomous as well. But then again I'm just a stupid Yank! All ribbing aside, that's quite a wonderful looking specimen. I wish there was someone around my parts that would apprentice me for handling of vens. It bothers me to no end to hear folks at work talk about how they "fixed that slimy snake with a hoe to the head". Come to find out its just a harmless ratsnake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Ask as many questions as you like buff and endevour..... I'm sure us aussies would ask what could be deemed a 'stupid question' to you guys, about your animals.... and if anyone gives you a hard time about it, just tell them to pull thier head in :lol:

Having overseas members does great things for our site...... and the only way to learn is to ask ;)

sent from my computer using a keyboard and 2 fingers....:)

Edit: If you want to rattle folks, ask if they are 'POISONOUS'? Bahahahhehehehehe

I met a bloke from wires last yr and he said that RBB that have a brown nose seem ti be more flighty and have put him in his place and made I'm look stupid on various occasions but normal black nose he recons far more docile.... Room for thought here... And yes we on central coast..., tho a RBB at work last week and he was all black and he was in real bad mood as when we 1st see him he had a frog by its back leg but frog got away.... So we flattened our he'd and showed off abut before going back in the scrub.... Got pic but I'm on me phone at the mo and I'm not smart enough to do it lol ha ha

sent from my computer using a keyboard and 2 fingers....:)
U wally i bet u been waiting ages for the right thread to throw that 1 on....got laugh tho..........outa 10?...9/10 u win lol
no1.gif

Majority of my time I use my phone on this site, hence the numerous stupid autocorrects and typos. I didn't download tapa talk for the reason it always says sent from my phone... It is bad enough on emails where I can't get rid of that stupid message. It is so frustrating.

the brown on the nose isnt just a Qld thing
Quite right. The tip of the snout is often light brown in this species. This feature is not restricted to Queensland specimens, although the extent of the brown on the snout does seem to extend further up the face in many QLD animals.

Quite right. The tip of the snout is often light brown in this species. This feature is not restricted to Queensland specimens, although the extent of the brown on the snout does seem to extend further up the face in many QLD animals.

Thats true for politicians..... what about the snakes?;)

I also have been subject to a speeding ticket whilst on my way to rescue a RBB out of somebodys house. The call for the rescue came from the same Police Station as the officer who booked me. No amount of talking would get me out of it though....It was a minor speeding offence too...not happy .................ha ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:
They are one of my favourite elapids, and yes on a 36deg day when they are at full hunting temp, they can be a handful without a hook.
Don't try this at home kiddies :)

Brown or black nose will make no difference to their demeanors, but temperature will.

DSC_1865.jpgDSC_1869.jpgDSC_1873.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back