Buying from NSW to QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedSquirtlee

Reaction score
Title is pretty self explanatory.
Buying a python from NSW from a Breeder to my residence in QLD. Can't really find much out or if I need a Movement Advice. The guys say they've sold 100's to other states and have never needed to do movement advices. Plz halp

https://www.qld.gov.au/environment/plants-animals/wildlife-permits/permit-types/moving-wildlife — this contains stuff YOU need to fill out and make copies of. (Tells you in the document what exactly you need to give to who)

https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/...cences-to-transport-native-animals-interstate — THEY need to fill out an export license and pay for it. Don’t let them make you pay for it. You should only have to pay for freight + the animal, not their fees to save them money.

the freight company will give them paper work to fill out for their side incase they get checked by the state border authorities.

Any buyer or seller saying they dont need movement papers, I’d errr on the side of caution, all the states want to know who when and where animals are coming from. (Maybe they meant They’ve never filled them out, which makes sense since that’s the QLD keepers job)

tldr; YOU need a filled out movement advice
Approved BEFORE getting the animal sent to you.

THEY need an NSW EXPORT permit

(Maybe they meant They’ve never filled them out, which makes sense since that’s the QLD keepers job)
Yeah when I asked for address's they were reluctant to pass on exact location due to fear of being harassed at their facility. Buying from Alex Leith Pythons, *sorry boys* just wanted to make sure I'm doing everything correct and legal so I don't get happy with my new python but then get it confiscated due to an illegal move.

Thanks Herp

Yeah when I asked for address's they were reluctant to pass on exact location due to fear of being harassed at their facility. Buying from Alex Leith Pythons, *sorry boys* just wanted to make sure I'm doing everything correct and legal so I don't get happy with my new python but then get it confiscated due to an illegal move.

Thanks Herp
Alex Leith is legit, It’s pretty standard for big breeders to not give exact location but rather just the general area, for example I would say “parramatta” or “Springwood” not my exact address as that is asking to be robbed by someone :)

Latest posts

Back