Buying / Selling animals in QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simmo2302

Reaction score
OK, can someone confirm that i have understood all the legal Jargon for buying correctly.

At the start of the year i got my Recreational Wildlife Licence with the intention of keeping reptile and amphibians.

Unfortunately it has taken me until now to build a custom enclosure for frogs.

I have found someone in QLD who is currently selling some.

Now my understanding is that a Movement Advice forms needs to be filled out.........either an official bought copy, or a downloaded EMA (electronic movement advice), which is filled out on the spot if your picking up your animals in person... (or filled out by the seller and parts 2,3,4 sent with the freighted animal)

Part 1 is to be returned by the seller to EHP within 7 days of moving the wildlife.
Part 2 is to accompany the wildlife in transit and then be kept by the buyer as record of the movement
Part 3 is to accompany the wildlife in transit and then to be signed and dated by the buyer and returned to EHP within 7 days of moving the wildlife
Part 4 is kept by the buyer as record of the movement.

cheers

Yep you got it mostly right. To my knowledge they cannot be hand written, must be typed. Very easy to complete online free movement advice and the seller should do for this for you.

sweet.

i thought the movement advice hardcopies that you can buy from EHP could be hand written as they are the carbon copy type thing...... but the online one sounds much better. :)

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back