Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petelowery

Reaction score
22092012019.jpg 22092012023.jpg
We just got this guy... Free. Was told "jungle python" but we smiled sweetly and thought 'Nope!!'

He's 8yo. What is he? I reckon an Inland Python, Gammon River or Murray Darling...

We're new to this site. My sons snake is a Centralian and 1-1/2yo. Very healthy and going fine!

Thanks in advance.
Pete.

Thnx, so far... It looks like 3-1 for a Coastal.

His name is Kaa BTW, from the Jungle Book, and quite friendly.

Pete.

it is NOT a Murray Darling nor is it a Gammon Ranges, it is a Coastal Carpet python and quite nice

what is it licensed as?
If the owner doesn't even know what type of sub-species of carpet it is, I wouldn't think they would have it on license. As they would have identified what it was if they did have a license. But it may have been sold as a jungle, and they believed it.

where was it free from ?

we may have a relative !

Last edited by a moderator:
If the owner doesn't even know what type of sub-species of carpet it is, I wouldn't think they would have it on license. As they would have identified what it was if they did have a license. But it may have been sold as a jungle, and they believed it.
my point exactly

For all those people who took the time to respond, thank you for your input, guidance and interest. I now declare we are the proud owners of a beautiful "Coastal" Python! (By majority vote)

It's a coastal. Morelia sp McDowelli.

And regarding the license issue there is an option in the licensing "number list" which is blanket statement "Carpet Python"

It wasn't sold, and we didn't believe it... That's why we asked opinions here.
Rgds, Pete

Looks to me that it is either a Murray Darling or Gammon, But I am not sure.

You'd have to be joking eh? Just as well you're not sure... Bears no resemblance to either of those in any way - is clearly and absolutely a Coastal Carpet from the east coast, could be anywhere from Coffs north...

Jamie

correct me if im wrong but arnt MDs & GR pythons the same thing? just different colour variation? or is the GR its on species now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back