Can I put a shingle back with my beardy in a 6 foot tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not for mixing species but with those two it can work if you have non aggressive animals

Dimensions? I can’t magically measure the depth of a picture.
But i would say no to having them both in it from that photo.
As Herpetology said, a Tiliquia sp can quite easily crush a beardy’s skull. If you’ve ever been bit by a large Tiliquia you’ll understand that.

Hi, no disrespect, but that enclosure is very poorly "furnished", at least in the part in the photo? Bearded dragons are capable climbers, they also dig/burrow at times, and the substrate you`re using doesn`t allow that, you should use a topsoil/playsand mix, at least 10cm or so deep, even more important if you have a female, because she will need nesting options.
I would definitely NOT house a Shingleback skink with the beardie in that setup.

I'm not for mixing species but with those two it can work if you have non aggressive animals
Hi, these animals are not aggressive, they are defensive, and they can react that way in an instant, so it`s best not to risk that happening. Can I ask how many times you`ve housed these species together, and for how long?

He's got part of the inclosure for just climbing
I am probably not gonna do it I found good tank for the stumptail

And he usually does borrow

He's got part of the inclosure for just climbing
I am probably not gonna do it I found good tank for the stumptail

Can you show the whole enclosure and say what substrate you`re using just now?
Good that you have another tank for the stumpy tailed skink!

Can I ask how many times you`ve housed these species together, and for how long?
In Denmark/Europe it is common among people who don't breed and just keep reptiles to keep the two species together, some zoo's here even display these two and frilled lizards together in their Australian display but again I am not for mixing species just saying it's a common thing to do here

Latest posts

Back