Can someone pls help me ID this lil fella

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im no good with dragon species but ima go with Amphibolurus gilberti or A. temporalis

good chance i am wrong tho!

Judging by the facial colouring and the "ridge" along its back, I would hazard a guess at it being a Gilberts Dragon lophognathus gilberti (Tata Lizard). Did it have a peculiar habit of "waving" when he stopped running?

Judging by the facial colouring and the "ridge" along its back, I would hazard a guess at it being a Gilberts Dragon lophognathus gilberti (Tata Lizard). Did it have a peculiar habit of "waving" when he stopped running?
Agree. Seen heaps of them up at Karratha.

damn it SniperCap beat me too it TaTa dragon, i used to catch tons of them up in the kimberly's

It's Lophognathus sp. This group is presently being revised

It's Lophognathus sp. This group is presently being revised

Eipper, I've always been curious, what initiates or drives a species reclassification and is it just a once off if you find similarities or a constant process?

Apologies for the hijack, your comment just sparked my inquisitiveness.

Hi Sniper,

Generally it is oftener started by a hunch if you will. Something does not quite fit and from that point someone starts an investigation. Now this is where it can get interesting, depending on resources you could look at morphology and genetics to see if what was in your initial "hunch" has run true. Occasionally it turns into nothing... Sometimes many more than you expect. Without the research nothing progresses.

cheers
Scott

Thanks for that Scott, that clears up the rest of my questions and makes me realize I'm in the wrong profession :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back