Can you help me identify this snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the snake in the pic is a EB we can not say its the same as you have as you have not put a pic up

I'm sorry, but from what i have read they say that most snakes are more likely to flight than fight, except the brown with will rear up with less provokation then most, hence the scientific name :pseudonaja.
Sorry if i am misinformed

It is true that most eastern browns will rear up when disturbed but information on such behaviour is only useful once you have successfully identified the snake. Behaviour, just like colour, is too varied to be used as a method of identification. Even within a species the behaviour individual snakes can show is extremely varied. Furthermore, the same snake may behave in different ways depending simply on how it is feeling.

As has been said, there are many, many species of snake that will rear up ready to strike when they feel threatened. For example have a look at the attached picture.

The snake in the picture is for sure an Eastern Brown (although I think that has been established by now ;)). If you don't want it around give someone licensed a call to remove it.

Attachments

• DSCF2503.jpg
    DSCF2503.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back