Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Penrith

Reaction score
Hi guys/girls.
After some info on prime temperatures for keeping tadpoles.....
I caught about 150 of them before i bombed mums pool!!
Thanks in advance for the info!
Cheers, Daniel

They look like Blue mountains tree frogs, they are common around the penrith area, particularly at the base of the mountain

There everywhere here!! i googled the blue mountains tree frog but i couldnt find any that looked the same but then again with frogs there colours vary so much!
Heres a pic of how many i have lmao

They look like Blue mountains tree frogs, they are common around the penrith area, particularly at the base of the mountain

Attachments

• tadpoles.jpg
    tadpoles.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 170
There everywhere here!! i googled the blue mountains tree frog but i couldnt find any that looked the same but then again with frogs there colours vary so much!
Heres a pic of how many i have lmao

Had 900 morph out of a 4 foot tank before.
Sort of like a can of sardines.

its Litoria dentata ma nigga,other wise known as the bleating tree frog

You are lucky it isnt a garden skink or some sort of common snake, you would have got flamed for poaching and raping the native fauna :lol:

Give them a large volume of water and feed them small amounts of frozen lettuce. You can put a small fishtank filter but you really need to remove nitrogeneous waste. Just changing the water will do the trick but make sure it's rainwater or aged water. Tap water will have chlorine in it. You can sit a container of water out in the sun for a day to fix the chlorine. Don't worry about heating the water. They're local.

Ol' Pimpy is right, Litoria dentata.

-H

I had hundreds for months but they wouldn't morph.
Did a bit of research and read that they release chemicals that stop then from morphing when over crowded etc and regular water changes are needed. I did a water change without using chlorine/chloramine remover and within an hr all were dead :(

I was spewing

Thanks for that Neph will def add a filter!
I boiled the lettuce, i didnt know anything about frozen lettuce so i will change to that ;)
Give them a large volume of water and feed them small amounts of frozen lettuce. You can put a small fishtank filter but you really need to remove nitrogeneous waste. Just changing the water will do the trick but make sure it's rainwater or aged water. Tap water will have chlorine in it. You can sit a container of water out in the sun for a day to fix the chlorine. Don't worry about heating the water. They're local.

Ol' Pimpy is right, Litoria dentata.

-H

Pimp they are definately loud as!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back