Carpet python feeding advice needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy47

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve recently adopted a juvenile-ish diamond carpet and it only eats birds (quails, chickens etc). I have had two other carpet pythons since hatchlings that I’ve fed exclusively on rats from pinkies up to large sized at the moment as I’ve always heard they have more of the good stuff, blood, guts and bones etc. Just wondering what people here think is the better feeding option.

The new guy refuses to eat rats at all even after seeing him actively food seeking. Any tips on how to transition a CP from birds to rats?

Cheers

Hi,

I’ve recently adopted a juvenile-ish diamond carpet and it only eats birds (quails, chickens etc). I have had two other carpet pythons since hatchlings that I’ve fed exclusively on rats from pinkies up to large sized at the moment as I’ve always heard they have more of the good stuff, blood, guts and bones etc. Just wondering what people here think is the better feeding option.

The new guy refuses to eat rats at all even after seeing him actively food seeking. Any tips on how to transition a CP from birds to rats?

Cheers

There’s a few ways to do it, one is to cover a rat in bird juices and smells, the other is to feed a rat straight after it’s eaten a bird

I prefer rats and rabbits, just because I haven’t tried other stuff

Maybe try mice?

Unless the rats are a cheaper or easier option, you can use birds as food. Otherwise try the suggestions above. This sort of thing comes up often and their are older threads that go into more detail. I stopped feeding my reptiles quail because I started eating them all myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back