Cat curfew in Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This rule should be nation wide, I have had a cat for 18 years, and he has not ever left my property, and does not go outside even for a piss after dark. Native animals, vet bills etc. it's just not worth it! Like any pet - they should not be allowed to roam at all, off property, ever.

I love my council for hiring out free traps to local residents.
My local council considers cats a nuisance pest animal if captured more than once off property, the fines go right up after the 3rd. trapping.

This rule should be nation wide, I have had a cat for 18 years, and he has not ever left my property, and does not go outside even for a piss after dark. Native animals, vet bills etc. it's just not worth it! Like any pet - they should not be allowed to roam at all, off property, ever.

I love my council for hiring out free traps to local residents.
My local council considers cats a nuisance pest animal if captured more than once off property, the fines go right up after the 3rd. trapping.
Man i wish my council did that, i live next to a school so pigeons and indian mynas galore so free traps would be amazing
[automerge]1625188846[/automerge]
Dat's wude!

Exactly. How would people like it if we let our snakes loose on other peoples properties?
If i let one of my animals loose of my property my stupid neighbour (who hates everything and everyone) would try and get me fined.
He also tried to fine a church he lives next to for playing music and putting AC.
Yet he lets his cats loose into my yard.

I'll have to try suggesting the "cat curfew" here!

They talk about 'banning' free ranging cats from time to time, but that sounds so harsh compared to just having a curfew.

Back