Central Netted Dragon Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueyDimitri

Reaction score
ive recently fell in love with little central netted dragons and there is next to no information online about their care and stuff so i was wondering if someone could answer a few questions i have about them?

Can you cohabitate them?
How are they with handling?
What is in their diet? same as a beardie?
Are their Heating and uvb lighting same as beardie?
Any other tips/things i should know that are different to a beardie or any special requirements for care could youse please let me know?

and if anyone has reccomendations about great lizards to have other than blueys and beardies (because i have both) i’m all ears as i’m tryna figure out what to research for my next reptile!

i feed mine a mixed diet with mealworms coated in calcium and roaches and flowers and certain kinds of vegetation. I personally never handled mine. (i had mine 5 years ago)

ive recently fell in love with little central netted dragons and there is next to no information online about their care and stuff so i was wondering if someone could answer a few questions i have about them?

Can you cohabitate them?
How are they with handling?
What is in their diet? same as a beardie?
Are their Heating and uvb lighting same as beardie?
Any other tips/things i should know that are different to a beardie or any special requirements for care could youse please let me know?

and if anyone has reccomendations about great lizards to have other than blueys and beardies (because i have both) i’m all ears as i’m tryna figure out what to research for my next reptile!
Hey Mate,

I keep a colony of Central Netted Dragons and although I dont rate myself as an expert I have learnt a bit about them and mine are thriving

I keep 6 in a 1000x700x600 melamine enclosure with a T5 UVB and Philips floodlight for heat. 75W seems to keep the very top of their basking spot at about 45deg. (Celcius) The basking rock I have has multiple levels so they can choose the appropriate height.

I keep them on quite a thick layer of play sand, with a few branches on top of that so they can burrow (they love to burrow) recently I have put a lay box in with wet sand as one of the girls looks gravid.

My 6 are made up of 3 boys, 3 girls and 1 unknown (I just cant seem to catch the little bugger) Too many males for my liking but there is no aggression. I will likely sell a male down the track.

2 of the boys and 1 of the girls love to be handled, they meet me at the glass door and jump straight out onto my shirt and arm when I open the door. The others wont come near me.

I feed them crickets, kale and bok choy. They go nuts for superworms as a treat.

Best species of lizard I have ever kept.....so far

Hi there BlueyDimitri, I keep central netted amongst others (7 species of dragon) yes similar treatment to beardies. They are sand dragons ,so lot's of sand to dig in, same food only smaller obviously. After keeping them for more than 5 years in pairs with no results , I put 4 in a 2 metre tank and had eggs almost instantly . So yes they cohabit , they are one of the few dragons who do.

Hi there BlueyDimitri, I keep central netted amongst others (7 species of dragon) yes similar treatment to beardies. They are sand dragons ,so lot's of sand to dig in, same food only smaller obviously. After keeping them for more than 5 years in pairs with no results , I put 4 in a 2 metre tank and had eggs almost instantly . So yes they cohabit , they are one of the few dragons who do.
do males cohab as well, does the gender matter or is it only females?

Latest posts

Back