Children’s python not eating ADVICE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noureldebal

Reaction score
ADVICE PLEASE:Hi I have a 5 month old children’s python that I was feeding a pinky to once a week that he would happily take, after his shed I upped his meal to a fuzzie and gave him a few extra days before feeding him so around 12 days between each feed, I have noticed since switching the size of the mice that he is abit more hesitant to eat and doesn’t necessarily strike the pray like he use to, I have tried to feed him today which is 12 days after his last feed but didn’t eat it, so my question is the fuzzie most likely keeping him full for longer then I expected and is the size intimidating him , note he has eaten fuzzies so I know he can take one down . Picture of the culprit ??

thanks in advance !
FD030BDC-DBA4-48AD-BD01-D236901CBEDE.jpeg

Might be coming up for a slough, he may be reacting to the cooler weather, it's probably not a case of 'intimidation'. I'd feed more often than every 12 days at that age

Thanks for the advice, I was feeding him every week a pinky then when I went to fuzzies I kept it once a week but he didn’t seem interested in eating so that’s why I left it a few more days

A beautiful little Python... I find that Anterasia's won't strike at food unless the room temp is warm enough. I have also found by leaving the food in the enclosure, they will feed when your out of sight. 2 out of my 4 Anterasia's do this, they often do refuse food so the trick it to work out exactly when they are hungry by their body language. Mine are all adults now and are on hopper rats.

Thanks for the advice, he’s been eating for a good few months now and has grown and shed really well I have noticed with him in particular that he does prefer a really warm room he’s also going to be upgraded to hopper mice soon

Latest posts

Back