Children's Python growth rate and weight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noztalgic46

Reaction score
I have had my Children's python for a little more than 3 months now. I am wondering if there is a normal weight to ensure they are healthy or growing properly. My best guess is she is 5-6 months old and she weighs 17-18 ish grams and is a little over a foot long. I'm a bit worried that she isn't getting noticeably bigger, her last 2 sheds were 2 months apart. I am feeding a pinkie every 5-7 days. Does this size at age sound normal for the species?

Should go up to a fuzzy mice now, pinkies don't give them much nutrition at all.

Should go up to a fuzzy mice now, pinkies don't give them much nutrition at all.
Thank you for the advice. She took a fuzzy today, was a bit confused at first with how to get it down but ended up okay. Should she gain weight a bit faster on fuzzies?

Yeah, much faster, there's more nutrition in them. By the time she's 10 to 12months old at the latest, should take weanlings. Still weekly, then depending on her size between 12 and 18months will be able to take adults and can go fortnightly.

Latest posts

Back