childrens pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0509phibra

Not so new Member
Reaction score
l have had this pair of childrens for a 5 weeks they bred last last year and the bloke l got them from said breed them next year and they havent been colled down my mate yesterday dropped a piece of wood and it hit the glass and it broke so l put them together until this morning l checked them and they looked like they were mating as the glass dont come till tomorrow does any one have any advise on what l should do

They will be okay for a few more days, if not, get a tub established for the male for a few days. it's warm enough at the moment for no heat or a few days.

Even though they are mating now, it's unlikely she'll become gravid, especially without proper cooling and temps. I have Womas that are permanently housed together, I catch them mating, I do not expect any eggs until next season after cooling though.

If they have mated already, i dont think there is much you can do! Sorry i cant offer you some helpful information, but from what i have heard it can happen even when you least expect it, & i guess once it has happened......your next step would be to prepare for eggs, although she may not actually become gravid, its worth being prepared, just in case.

I just noticed you have already asked about shared housing, for i presume the same 2 snakes? As i havent considered breeding at all, so therfor have very little knowledge on the subject, i wouldnt know what else to add except that perhaps take note in what was said in the other thread.......they may 'mate' but the chances of her becoming gravid at this time are highly unlikely. You shold also watch that they dont turn on each other resulting in one eating the other if you really want to keep them together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back