Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeZaKa

Reaction score
Put my Bhp in his new intermediate enclosure today. He will be staying in this till his final full sized home is ready. Now I know these things arent arboreal so whats with all the climbing? He just wont stop shimmying up to the top of the terrarium. No probs with the heat on the floor standard temperature gradients of 32 on the warm end down to about 24 on the cold. Anyone got a Bhp who enjoys climbing this much?.... Or he just might be showing off to my female bredli:D20130622_215326.jpgsnake 038.jpg

Last edited:
LOL I would say my aspidites climb more than my morelia, they are just really, really bad at it ! ;)

Last edited:
LOL I would say my aspidites climb more than my Morelia, they are just really, really bad at it ! ;)
Im just glad he has a thick layer of aspen to break his fall. If I didn't know better you would think his going up there and jumping on purpose:facepalm:

My woma climbs more then any other snake iv had but he fails pretty hard aswell lol gold star for trying though

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Thud, thud, thud. They love climbing but are great big duffers. Mine used to play on a swingy thing. He's too big now though.

My woma climbs more then any other snake iv had but he fails pretty hard aswell lol gold star for trying though

My Woma used to aswell. Even tried circling the ceramic heat lamp cage and just hanging out up there. Gotta admit it freaked me out. But I read him a few pages out of "Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons" and showed him some "You tube" videos on how Womas are supposed to behave and hes strictly terrestrial now:shock:...... guess i need to move my laptop over to the BHP and do the same:facepalm:

One of my womas likes doing back flip he slithers up the wall then across the roof then thump, he falls backwards. My other woma spends most his time trying to balance on the highest little "ledge" on his rock wall. Trying being the key word. Both would get a A+ for effort but a D+ for success.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my womas likes doing back flip he slithers up the wall then across the roof then thump, he falls backwards. My other woma spends most his time trying to balance on the highest little "ledge" on his rock wall. Trying being the key word. Both would get a A+ for effort but a D+ for success.

I hear ya. The spaces and ledges both the BHP and Woma can grip and hang on to has caused me some stress, I dont enjoy watching them fall. Guess if it was hurting them they wouldnt be so stubborn about doing it over and over and.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the difference between aspiditis and morelia. They actively hunt out their prey so yes, when they warm up they are constantly on the move.

My Woma used to aswell. Even tried circling the ceramic heat lamp cage and just hanging out up there. Gotta admit it freaked me out. But I read him a few pages out of "Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons" and showed him some "You tube" videos on how Womas are supposed to behave and hes strictly terrestrial now:shock:...... guess i need to move my laptop over to the BHP and do the same:facepalm:

LOL, i was having a bad depression day today untill i read this post, i don't know why but i started laughing so hard my wife thought i was having some sort of manic episode, thanks BeZaKa that was just what i needed, [[[[[[[still laughing]]]]]]] :) ...............................................Ron

LOL, i was having a bad depression day today untill i read this post, i don't know why but i started laughing so hard my wife thought i was having some sort of manic episode, thanks BeZaKa that was just what i needed, [[[[[[[still laughing]]]]]]] :) ...............................................Ron
No probs Ron, I aim to please :D

Last edited:
my bhp male is always trying to climb....its actually like hes constantly trying to sus out a way to escape lol

Exactly. I had a Jurassic Park flash back as he seems to be testing the fence line so to speak but never the same spot twice:?

Looks like the YouTube thing worked. This is he's behavior today. Gotta say this snake is good for a laugh.View attachment 291736

Attachments

• 20130623_204644-1.jpg
    20130623_204644-1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
That last photo's a ripper. Both my BHP and woma love digging. I redid my woma's cage the other week and used a load of that hemp substrate. The woma had a great time disappearing into it - every now and then his head would pop up like an orange periscope, then disappear again... So yeah, whenever I hear people emphatically saying (a) aspidites don't climb and (b) just keep 'em on newspaper, I always think that person is *really* missing out. And so is their snake.

I know newspaper is cheaper and I can see the merit in using it, however I am not a breeder and I dont think ill ever have more than half a dozen snakes as pets(in saying that I didn't think id have more than one and im up to three) so while im not loaded I will still try to make their lives as enjoyable as possible. And he really does seem to get a kick out of burrowing like you said yours do:)

I have posted this before but thought it would be appropriate here aswell. He‘s such a duffer but I love him.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371990249532.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371990249532.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 45
Put my Bhp in his new intermediate enclosure today. He will be staying in this till his final full sized home is ready. Now I know these things arent arboreal so whats with all the climbing? He just wont stop shimmying up to the top of the terrarium. No probs with the heat on the floor standard temperature gradients of 32 on the warm end down to about 24 on the cold. Anyone got a Bhp who enjoys climbing this much?.... Or he just might be showing of to my female bredli:DView attachment 291698View attachment 291700

Makes you wonder how they get into those high termite mounds in the wild..... Oh that's right! They climb in to them ;)

I have posted this before but thought it would be appropriate here aswell. He‘s such a duffer but I love him.

He he he. That's great, guess they dont read the books that tell them that they can't climb:D Ps. Good looking Woma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back