Cloudy-eyed olive.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I was getting a little worried about my olive, as he has started to take snaps at me when my hand was in the enclosure. This was unusual, a he's normally very placid.

It was only when I put my glasses on that I realised that his eyes are VERY cloudy (more so than I've seen before), so I guess it's a defensive thing, as he can't see too well. Guess a shed is coming up...

Pics at : http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

It was quite amusing to see him snap at anything that moved (and usually missed)! :lol:

Awsome pics Dave!
He really is a great looking snake.

My coastal had the ol clouded eyes a couple of days ago and shed her skin
on Saturday night. I was just going to bed about 11pm and walked and checked on her and saw her rubbing her nose. I watched for a while and what a great sight. It took her about an hour to shed from head to tail. It looked awsome. First time that i have seen it. Right place at the right time. Good luck on catching your olive shedding Lutzy.

:)

Thanks, CC! I reckon he's great, but I'm a tad biased! :lol:

Pines - I really, really hope so! In over a year, I've yet to see any of my snakes shed! Very frustrating! I've been checking every half hour, but so far no luck. Oh well..... :cry:

I'm always after knowledge, not that I have a lot now BUT can any one tell me why the eyes become clouded then revert back to clear before shedding. What causes the eyes to become clouded.

Pines

It's to do with a fluid secreted to seperate the old skinn from the new but as to why it clears up again before the shed is a mystery to me unless perhaps after seperation the fluid dissipates. Damn good question though and I await the answer with bated breath :)

Damn good question.
I umm yea well errr What Afric said yea. hehe :lol:

At least I'll sound like I know some thing now if I ever get asked. I'll keep that answer in the ol noggin, I'll be beggan for someone to ask me that if they see my pythons with clouded eyes. Thanks for adding a bit more info in the empty head of mine Africa.

Pines

I must be really lucky or something :?:
A lot of people always said they'd like to see their snake shed, yet I've seen all my snakes shed and that includes the ones I used to catch from the wild as a whippersnap.
I used to think what the? when I first joined when we were at the other site, now I see it's not that common and realise how lucky I am. It is a great site. The feel of the new skin still wet is so smooth. The smoothest I've felt is large Swamp Snakes. I also like to help pull the skin off slowly. Even my Black appeaars to enjoy it, like a whole body scratch I suppose.

As for the clearing, Afro you are right. Check my old article on New Snakes.

Cheers. Justin.

Mein Gott, I was right about something!!!! Do me a favour Chewy mate, ring my missus and tell her I was right about something will ya ???? !!!!
:) hehehe

No worries mate. What's her number.
I'll also tell lies. Anything for you buddy! :D

Meine gott ?????
Africa i think that you spell this wrong :lol:
Yes David i experience this with mine snakes to. Before shed they can't see and sometime they strike at me.

Well I had just done something right so I HAD to do something wrong straight away or my reputation would have been in tatters :) Where ya been hiding Slatey?

David, did you end up seeing any of the shed in process? I hope you got to this time, if not, never mind, with the way those monsters grow I doubt it'll be long before a chance rolls around again. :)

:-(

No, not at all, actually Graham. I've had a bad dose of flu for the last couple of days. :wink:

Vat: Nope! [sob!]. Missed it again. sigh... :cry: I'm sure the little buggers conspire to only shed after I've gone to bed, no matter how late it is. I can just picture them saying, "Quick! He's coming! Put your skin back on!" :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back