Coastal carpet python in sticky situation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igor22

Reaction score
Hi, my 1 year old Coastal Carpet Python Igor has sticky tape stuck on him, which usually holds the thermostat in his heat spot. It’s quite well stuck on there and I’m worried pulling will hurt/tear his scales. Bathing stresses him out. I assume the tape has chemicals on it so I’m not sure if waiting for it to come off is an option.

Attachments

• AD9CFC1A-67A2-45A1-93B6-988ED51162F9.jpeg
    AD9CFC1A-67A2-45A1-93B6-988ED51162F9.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 19D5D963-ED6D-4BD3-AB09-E21FF8F3467D.jpeg
    19D5D963-ED6D-4BD3-AB09-E21FF8F3467D.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 20
Congratulations on finding out why everyone will tell you not to put sticky tape in enclosure

As for getting it off, running lukewarm water where the tape has stuck to him will weaken the bond and should just fall off with a bit of finnicking, scale damage is likely to occur superficially , but will heal with next shed

Congratulations on finding out why everyone will tell you not to put sticky tape in enclosure

As for getting it off, running lukewarm water where the tape has stuck to him will weaken the bond and should just fall off with a bit of finnicking, scale damage is likely to occur superficially , but will heal with next shed
Thank you so much, it seems I learn most things the hard way with this one. Any alternative to attaching the thermostat? For now I’ve just got it sitting in place but it could move. Thanks

I silicone my thermostat probes to my heat tiles. Easy enough to remove with a sharp Stanley knife blade if I need to.

I silicone my thermostat probes to my heat tiles. Easy enough to remove with a sharp Stanley knife blade if I need to.
Thanks Benno, what do you mean by “silicone” is it something I can get at bunnings?

Thank you so much, it seems I learn most things the hard way with this one. Any alternative to attaching the thermostat? For now I’ve just got it sitting in place but it could move. Thanks
Is it glass or wooden enclosure? Wooden enclosure you can screw a cable holder over it, it’s just a U shape that has a screw hole in it, otherwise glass best would be a tiny suction cup

yes I learned hard way too by using tape to hold thermostat down, the day I did it he decided he would go under the paper and move it around

Thanks Benno, what do you mean by “silicone” is it something I can get at bunnings?
Yes can definitely get it at Bunnings. It’s a type of sealer used for bathrooms and roof gutters etc. google it and you’ll find the info you need. It’s cheap as chips too

Hi, my 1 year old Coastal Carpet Python Igor has sticky tape stuck on him, which usually holds the thermostat in his heat spot. It’s quite well stuck on there and I’m worried pulling will hurt/tear his scales. Bathing stresses him out. I assume the tape has chemicals on it so I’m not sure if waiting for it to come off is an option.
Hi there! Olive oil and a bit of gentle rubbing will get the sticky tape off.
I attach my thermostats with Velcro, you can buy extra strong strips at Bunnings 😄

Back