Coastal hatchling will not eat?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxdingo

Reaction score
I have a 5 week old hatchling coastal that has not had it's first meal, beside what was in the egg. How long can I go before I have to force feed? I can't find any sinks to try and sent it's food.

If it hasn't shed, something is really wrong.

How are you keeping it? Have you tried a live fuzzy mouse?

You could also try making sure the offered food is internally warm, not just thawed out. I have a pyrex container i use to give my rodents a few 5 second bursts in the microwave. I have never had one explode yet out of probably close to a thousand. I have noticed this to be the difference between some eating easily and some not eating at all.

womas if u want sumthing internly warm a mic isnt going to do it never tried to nuke a pie i see ha ha ha

oh and lke angle said u dont have to worry mate u have a good few months sum pythons are just a little slower to start eating just give it time and keep offering till it takes it and i found feeding them while its dark ussaly helps thats how i kick started my problem eaters dont know if it will help u out tho

I reckon i have spewed more pies than you've microwaved. lol. If you microwave a THAWED out pie it works well but i know your point. Also if you wrap in paper towel the pastry stay's relatively firm too. There is a big difference in mass between a pie and a mouse. It is more about simulating body temp, but you knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back